Course Entry Requirement
- Level 6 GCSE Art and Design
- Level 5 English
It’s your Art A Level, so you choose the themes for your coursework, giving you the opportunity to express yourself. The Art teachers at Woolwich Polytechnic will guide you and help develop your skills, understanding, ideas and appreciation for art.
As well as a development in art skills, successful candidates gain lifelong transferable skills including:
- The ability to communicate ideas and feelings effectively;
- To record from direct observation and personal experience;
- The confidence to experiment, be innovative, intuitive and imaginative;
- To research and evaluate meaningfully
- The appreciation of practical design problems and how to problem solve.
We follow the school marking policy of marking every week.
Visit to galleries is a must for the course.
Any Specialist Equipment Required?
Tonal pencils, range of brushes
Clubs or Interventions
Future Careers/Uni Courses
- Art therapist
- Art critic/journalist
- Art historian
- Illustrator/comic book artist
- Fashion merchandiser
- Gallery assistant/owner
- Landscape designer
- Makeup artist
- Fine artist
- Tattoo artist
- Set Designer