Year 10 students accepted onto the Exeter Scholars Programme
We are delighted to say we have had 26 Year 10 students accepted on to the Exeter Scholars programme.
This is a four-day residential trip that'll take place over the Easter holiday. Exeter Scholars is a free programme giving students the opportunity to find out more about university, develop a passion for a chosen subject, and gain first-hand experience of student life at the University of Exeter.
It will provide our students with:
- An understanding of university life and an opportunity to hear directly from current university students about their experiences
- First-hand experience of a leading university and advice from world-class academics who are passionate about the subjects they teach
- An exciting insight into the type of research carried out by universities and the impact it can have on our everyday lives
- The chance to make new friends
- Development of experience and knowledge to help decide if university is right for them, and, if so, boost their university application
- Development of key skills to help with both their current studies and the transition to university-level study in the future
- A pathway to studying at the University of Exeter and access to the Exeter Scholars benefits packages
The programme offers opportunities starting in Year 10, and supports participants through to the end of Year 13.