Uniform & Equipment
Our school’s uniform
- All students are expected to wear the school’s uniform and to possess the necessary kit for physical education.
- Clothing must be smart, clean and tidy. All students are expected to wear this uniform on the journey to and from school, as well as in school.
- If for any reason a student is unable to come to school wearing the correct uniform, they should bring a note of explanation from you.
- Caps, trainers and hooded jackets are not permitted. If a student is found wearing these items, they will be confiscated, and they may be sent home. The school will not be responsible for the replacement or reimbursement of any non-uniform items that may be lost or stolen.
- Students are not permitted to wear jewellery (including earrings) to school for health and safety reasons. The only permissible pieces of jewellery are a watch or a medical wristband.
- Uniform must be smart, clean and tidy.
The uniform is as follows:
- Black blazer with school badge * Can be purchased via the manufacturer
- Black trousers
- White shirt
- Black v-neck jumper with school badge * Can be purchased via the manufacturer
- School tie (black and red with school badge) * Can be purchased via the manufacturer
- Shoes – black (boots and trainers are not permitted)
- Black socks
- A lanyard
- A plain dark coat or jacket for outside wear
Physical Education kit
- Black and white shorts with school badge * Can be purchased via the manufacturer
- Red and black polo shirt with school badge * Can be purchased via the manufacturer
- Red football socks * Can be purchased via the manufacturer
- Black training top *Can be purchased via the manufacturer
- Black training pants * Can be purchased via the manufacturer
- Red and black fleece * Can be purchased via the manufacturer
- Football boots
- Red and black rugby shirt * Can be purchased via the manufacturer
At PolyMAT, we recognise and celebrate our staff and students’ identities. We are a community built on an ethos of equality and respect where hair texture and style have no bearing on anyone's ability to succeed. In doing so, we follow the Halo Code.
School Uniform Orders
All compulsory items can be purchased directly from the manufacturer via this link SWI Schoolwear Store
Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys currently source their compulsory school uniform items via SWI part of Banner Ltd.
Any non-compulsory items can be purchased from any other provider such as a high-street retailer.
The school ask for donations for secondhand uniform throughout the year and will allocate as necessary when required.
All students will be required to be equipped with the following:
- Pencil Case
- Several pens (blue and black)
- 1 green and 1 red pen
- Several pencils - HB and 2B
- Eraser and sharpener
- An adhesive glue stick
- Scientific calculator
- Water bottle
- Reading book
School Contact Diary
The contact diary is very important in several ways: it shows pupils’ timetables, teachers and homework schedule. It allows pupils to organise themselves for school and record all homework. It is a main method of communication between school and home and allows parents to monitor their son’s progress. Parents are asked to sign the contact diary weekly, although you will probably want to check it every two days or so. Pupils must have their contact diary with them every day. Pupils use the contact diary to record achievements. They also record longer term learning targets from the school reports. Rewards such as positive referrals are also recorded in the contact diary. All pupils must have one so, if they lose it, or it becomes damaged, it must be replaced via MCAS for £2.50.
Books & School Property
We want all pupils to take a pride in their work; this includes looking after books and equipment. Pupils should have a strong dark-coloured bag to keep exercise and text books safely and in good condition. If pupils lose exercise books or other school property, they must pay for a replacement. All pupils are expected to have pens, pencils, rulers, erasers, scientific calculator and other essential equipment. We suggest a clear pencil case, and please label all property.